Saturday, July 23, 2011

Designer call out...Kate Towers

Photo Credit: Peter VanBeever & John Mulligan

     In two hours I will be leaving for Portland for a long awaited trip home.  When packing for the visit I found old dresses by Kate Towers that reminded me of why I love Oregon so much.  Kate Towers has been one of my longtime favorite designers since visiting the store Seaplane that she co-founded in 2008.  I loved how raw and present everything seemed inside the store, with sewing machines tucked away behind handmade appliquéd curtains and designers fitting one of a kind pieces on young clients. Even now, flipping through her lookbooks on KateTowers.com I am reminded of how her idealic, free spirited designs are reflected in my personal style now.  The store has now moved and is filled with new Portland designers I can't wait to check out during this trip.  You can find select Kate Towers pieces on www.etsy.com/shop/katetowers. Look out for some more designer shout outs this week..





No comments:

Post a Comment