Sunday, August 28, 2011

Where to live next...

Jessica Stam's living room, my color inspiration and I love the early 60;s modern furniture
After two years living at the Marina, Wyatt and I are moving. As much as I love living right by the water, it is an absolute must that I find a place with a lot more space, ideally a room that could function as my office and a large walk in closet...a  girl can dream right.  Now that I finally have a break from school, my down time will be spent dreaming up our new place and scouring antique fairs, fabric houses, and La Cienga to piece together the new look.  I would say my interior style is a lot like my personal style.  70's free spirit, unique pieces with history, with a backdrop of clean, modern simplicity.  Here's just a couple of my personal favorite rooms at the moment.

Minnie Mortimer. Her entire house is a mixture of easy, relaxed beach mixed with touches of glamour. I love the artwork, very inspired.



Minnie Mortimer's closet...can this be mine?

Minni Mortimer...love that this functions as a library and dining room. I will always find a unique place to store my book collection

Jenna Lyons..I'm in love with her entire Brooklyn home, but who isn't

Erin Featherston..whimsical, feminine, and very bohemian. Not sure how Wyatt would handle a house completely designed this way, so maybe just my office..

Photo credits: Vogue.com

1 comment:

  1. Love all these rooms! Especially the dining room/library!


    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete