Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Come as you are..."


Fashion.Grunge.Style

It could be that I grew up in the Northwest, or that brown Doc Martens were the must have back to school item growing up, but I will always have an attachment to 90's style.  I'm feeling a nod to this grunge era from many of the designers and stores this Fall.  I mean, printed Docs for sale at Nordstrom...really? I love all of it, the disheveled minimalism, boys stealing from girls...girls stealing from boys, workmans plaid, muted color palette, the arrival of the waif (aka Kate Moss).  I think they got it right when a look is all about being real.  Not too done, definitely moody, and glamour is way out of the question.  Translation - the girl who is dressing and creating for herself.









Photo Credits: Italian Vogue, Teen Vogue, Doc. Marten lookbook, Elle, Fashion.Grunge.Style

No comments:

Post a Comment