Sunday, August 14, 2011

on my playlist...











My itunes shuffle has been playing the last hour while trying on some new purchases from a shopping-filled weekend. After putting together multiple outfit options, Lykee Li's new song Get Some from new album Wounded Rhymes came on. I forgot how much I fell in love with this artist my freshman year of college with album Youth Novels. I went to a show at the Glass House in Pomona only to get turned down because they were sold out. I was very disappointed to say the least. Aside from that unfortunate experience, I always loved Lykee Li's combination of Indie rock, pop and electronic sounds. She creates authentic sounds using violins, tambourines, saxophones, trumpets, and more. Every video shows her personal fashion sense and is another obvious reason why I admire her as an artist. She has a very hard edgy style, mixed with bohemian. This Swedish Singer/Songwriter rocks the indie pop music, but her distinct fashion sense is what makes her a potential Fashion Icon...in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment